Automotive SEO Basics
Automotive SEO and Search Engine Marketing (SEM) can be very confusing. Even more so when website companies put their marketing spin on these subjects.
We created this page in an effort to remove the confusion surrounding automotive SEO and SEM. We have taken excerpts from reputable reference sites and included a link directly to them so that you can read further if you would like.
NO SPIN JUST FACTS.
So what is SEO and SEM?
According to Wikipedia:
Search Engine Marketing, or SEM, is a form of Internet Marketing that seeks to promote websites by increasing their visibility in the Search Engine result pages (SERPs). According to the Search Engine Marketing Professionals Organization, SEM methods include: Search Engine Optimization (or SEO), paid placement, and paid inclusion. Other sources, including the New York Times, define SEM as the practice of buying paid search listings with the goal of obtaining better free search listings.
The parts of Automotive SEO
On site SEO
- A well built website designed for site [tooltip content=”Easy to learn and accomplish objective, easy to repeat on future visits, general intuitive use” url=”http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_usability” ]usability[/tooltip] and Search Engine robots
- Don’t over use Flash as it is an image that can’t be read by robots
- Have well thought out text and tags
- Strategically used and placed links
- Active updating and adding valuable or fun information that brings people to your site
- Automotive retail websites require additional considerations
- Utilization of relevant anchor text links
Things you can do for off site SEO
- Article submissions
- Press Releases
- Backlinking from directories and other websites from within your industry
- Blogging, Forums, Facebook, Twitter etc.
- Social Bookmarking
- Adding your site to Google Local and the Yahoo Directory
Paying to get your site optimized and marketed
- Pay an SEO company to do work for you (choose one that knows automotive SEO)
- Pay Per Click marketing that you can do in house or pay someone else
- Paid directories
Call us today and we will show you what we are doing to get car dealers sites seen in the SERP’s